Cancer is a worldwide health problem, affecting all countries regardless of race, culture, level of economic development or political system.
Every year, 10 million new cancer cases are diagnosed worldwide.
, cancer is the second cause of death for all age groups and the main cause of years of potential life lost. Currently, one out of four deaths is due to cancer. Cuba
|Betty Fox, his mother|
Ever since the beginning of the Terry Fox Runs in
, the funds raised have been devoted to funding of some INOR’s research projects. Two of those projects have already concluded with good results and another eight projects are beginning: Cuba
1. Determining profiles of genetic expression for possible implementation in breast cancer clinical management.
2. Determination of the expression of genes and proteins associated with the proliferation and the formation of metastasis in breast tumours.
3. Study of cases and control of breast cancer risk factors in
4. Pre-clinical study of ozone-therapy in response against malign tumours.
5. HR3Tx, an immunotoxin strategy for cancer therapy.
6. New molecular markers in urine for the diagnosis of prostate cancer.
7. Histocytological evaluation of IOR-HPV1monoclonal antibody.
8. Immunoregulation study of stage 3 breast cancer patients, and its relationship with prognosis markers and clinical responses.
Donations can be made directly to the account:
Name of the Account: Terry Fox
No. of the Account: 03 000 000 03776626
Cod. BFI: 106; Branch: Habana Libre
Cod. NAE: 21
Or presented in cash (CUC or CDN) or by check:
CUC: To “Embassy of Canada-CUC”
CAD: “Receiver General for
Please deliver donation to one of these locations:
Embassy of Canada
Calle 30 #518, esq. a 7ma. Avenida
Miramar, Ciudad de La Habana, Cuba
Honorary Consulate of
Sra. Sylvie Leduc (Consul)
Calle 13 e/1 y Camino del Mar, Varadero, Cuba
Honorary Consulate of Canada (Guardalavaca)
Sra. Luisa di Tomasso (Consul)
Complejo Hotelero Atlántico
Bungalow 1, Guardalavaca, Holguín